XE900S-500 Smart Spread Spectrum Transceiver
The XE900S-500 combines a spread spectrum
transceiver and micro-controller in a single, easy-to-
use, FCC Part 15 Registered module. The embedded
communications controller manages the Frequency
Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) link and the host
The XE900S-500 supports two unique features to
simplify wireless networking. Count-Off™ allows the
network master to quickly retrieve the status of 125
remote nodes with a single broadcast command.
eliminates the need for an application
controller by utilizing the communications controller to
directly manage analog inputs and digital control lines.
Xecom also offers a low power spread spectrum model,
the XE900SL10, for applications that require less range.
The XE900SL10 has an obstructed range of 300 feet but
is smaller, costs less and uses significantly less power.
* Small Size: 1.295” by 1.410” by 0.255”
* Serial Control and Configuration of the Wireless Link.
* Supports a 254 node point-to-multipoint network
* Programmable Transmit Power Output 100 to 500 mW.
* Typical Receiver Sensitivity -100 dBm
* Obstructed signal range to 1000 feet;
* Wireless Data Rate 76.8K bps, half-duplex
* Low power Consumption
XE900S-500: 1000 mA @ 3.3 Volts; when transmitting
at 500 mW output power; less than 1 mA of current
flows in Sleep Mode or Power-Down modes
(patent pending) allows direct
connection of sensors to the Smart Transceiver
(patent pending) allows the host node to
download the status of all nodes in under 10 seconds.
* Operating Temperature Range of -40 to +85 C
* FCC Part 15 Registered
XE900S-500 Block Diagram