Whether it is in the process of manufacturing or assembly, or in the practical application, it is crucial that Custom PCB must have reliable performance. In addition to added cost, defects in the assembling process can be carried to the terminal products along with PCB, which may lead to malfunction in the practical applications and cause claim for compensation when being sold. Therefore, it is no exaggerating to say that the cost of a piece of high quality PCB can be ignored from this respect.
In market segments, especially in the market of manufacturing products applied in key areas, the effect of this kind of malfunction is unthinkable. Therefore, the above points should be born in mind in comparing the price of PCB. Though the preliminary cost for reliable, guaranteed and long-life products are high, it is certainly worthwhile in the long run.
The 14 most important features of a high-reliable circuit board:
1. the copper thickness of the 25 - micrometer wall of holes
Advantage: to raise reliability, including improving the expansion resistance in Z-axle.
2. solderless repair or disconnection or wire adding repair
Advantage: a perfect circuit can ensure reliability, security, repairing-free and no risks.
3. with cleanliness requirement over that of the IPC specification
Advantage: to improve the cleanliness is to increase reliability.
4. the service life of each surface treatment should be under strict control.
Advantage: to ensure solderability and reliability and reduce risks of moisture intrusion as well
5. adoption of internationally well-known base materials rather than the local or unknown ones
Advantage: to enhance reliability and the known performance
6. the tolerance of cooper-clad board being in compliance with the IPC4101ClassB/L standards
Advantage: Strict control in the thickness of dielectric layer can reduce deviation of predicative value in the electrical performance.
7. to formulate the soldering resistant material make sure they are in compliance with the IPC-SM-840ClassT standards.
Advantage: the printing ink accredited with “excellence” by NCAB group can ensure the security of printing ink and printing ink in the solder-mask layer can conform to the UL standards.
8. To formulate the tolerance of appearance, holes and other mechanical features
Advantage: Strict control over tolerance can improve products’ size quality - to improve coordinating, appearance and functions.
9. NCAB specifies the thickness of solder-mask layer though it has no strict regulations.
Advantage: To improve insulativity, reduce the risk of stripping or loss of adhesive force and strengthen the ability to resist mechanical impulse force no matter where the force is.
10. To formulate requirements for appearance and repair though IPC has no clear regulations.
Advantage: thoughtfulness, care, cautious and carefulness can contribute to security in the manufacturing process.
11. Requirements for the depth of tapholes
Advantage: high quality tapholes can reduce risks of failure in the assembling process
12. PetersSD2955 specifies the brand and model of strippable blue gel.
Advantage: Specification of strippable blue gel can help avoid adoption of the “local” or low-price brand.
13. NCAS has specific approval and order procedure for each piece of purchase order.
Advantage: Implementation of this procedure can ensure all the specifications are confirmed.
14: Rejecting process plate with scrapped components
Advantage: Rejection of partial assembly can help customers increase efficiency.
Our philosophy: Rapidness, accuracy and excellence have always been our philosophy. PCBIndex is the most excellent small-scale PCB prototype manufacturer.